Bangalore, Karnataka, India Apply now Savesave Senior Software Engineer-Azure Data – Synapse to job cart
- Job number829327
- Date postedMay 5, 2020
- Travel0-25 %
- Role typeIndividual Contributor
- Employment typeFull-Time
Microsoft Azure is the “cloud” that everyone is talking and is the single biggest growth engine for Microsoft. The Azure Data team in Microsoft, builds and operates some of the world’s largest Cloud computing services. We work on technologies such as big-data, public and private cloud, storage and open-source. We build reliable, highly scalable and highly performing distributed systems for data analytics on Azure. We work with various open-source technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Yarn, etc., and make contributions to these technologies. The team has adopted and enhanced Apache YARN to run at Azure Scale with extremely high resource utilization and enterprise grade security. Apart from the Open source components, the team also works on several proprietary massively distributed technologies at Exabyte scales. In this job, you will get to work on some of the next gen Azure Analytics products, take on hard distributed system problems and ship high impact features at a rapid pace.
If you are interested in extending the cutting edge of cloud-scale distributed systems, and building the next generation technologies, we would love to hear from you.
- Building cloud scale products with focus on efficiency, reliability, and security.
- Building relationships with customers and partners to understand their business goals and technical requirements.
- Owning the products and driving them end to end, all the way from gathering requirements, development, testing, deployment to ensuring high availability post deployment.
- Contribute to the architecture & design of the products.
- Helping evolve engineering practices & principles that marry the flexibility of open source and fast pace of service world.
- Ensuring the consistency of designs of features and components for high availability, reliability, security, and Scale.
- Triaging issues and implementing solutions to restore service with minimal disruption to the customer and business. Perform root cause analysis, trend analysis and postmortems.
Academics: B.E/ B.Tech or equivalent degrees in Computer Science (Masters is a plus).
Experience: 8+ years of industry experience.
Successful candidates will have excellent experience in one or more of these areas:
- Enterprise products design and development (Java/C#)
- Highly secure and scalable microservices
- Building and operating online services
- Using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD)
- Committing or contributing to any Open Source big data technologies
- Distributed systems design and implementation
- Combinatorial optimization algorithms (any domain)
Working experience on any of the below technologies will be an added advantage:
- Apache SPARK/Jupyter/Zeppelin
- Microsoft Azure Services
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.