Bangalore, Karnataka, India Apply now Savesave Support Escalation Engineer to job cart
- Job number800679
- Date postedMar 3, 2020
- Travel0-25 %
- Role typeIndividual Contributor
- Employment typeFull-Time
Do you want to join an elite and distinguished team? Do you like complex challenges? Are you passionate about working directly with Microsoft customers and partners to help them accelerate their transformation towards a digital transformation organization?
If so, the Support Escalation Engineer position in the Microsoft Customer Service and Support Organization is a unique career opportunity for you!
We are a diverse team who is proud to shape future technologies and deliver industry-leading services across the globe. As a member of that team, you will aspire to be our customers’ and partners’ trusted advisors to fuel some of the largest and most complex IT solutions in the world. You will constantly be exposed to cutting-edge software, services and devices.
Support Escalation Engineers (SEE) specialize in product configuration. As an SEE, you will investigate and solve critical, complex, technical issues and employ problem isolation techniques and product knowledge to solve problems. You will use sophisticated tools and analysis requiring the highest skill level of conflict resolution and collaboration. You will be responsible for building robust relationships across the business engaging with high profile individuals in order to deliver a quality support experience enabling overall customer success. We are also passionate about knowledge sharing and prioritize continuous learning and feedback sessions to provide ongoing mentoring within the technical support community.
We seek out people who: · Are thoughtful, analytical leaders · Have a passion for technology and continuous learning · Thrive in dynamic, high-stress environments · Are eager to collaborate and build strong relationships · Are able to see a problem from many angles · Embrace multicultural environments
Supporting escalated issues of all Enterprise and Broad commercial customers on phone and remotely
* Scoping and documenting customer scenarios, potential causes and troubleshooting steps
* Effectively communicating with customers and stakeholders via, phone, email or any other available means
* Ensuring compliance with schedules; processes and MS policies and values * Foster positive customer relationships and build customer loyalty in Microsoft, while effectively managing challenging situations.
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
* Demonstrate leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
* Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
* Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences.
* Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues
* Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours.
* Maintain strong working knowledge of released products, take ownership for product improvement, and participate in pre-release activities and BETA programs.
* Interact with other engineers to provide technical action plans or take ownership of cases that require escalation.
* Share knowledge with others through solution documents, contribute to social media, engage technical communities, build automated self-help solutions and create training.
• Prior customer support experience
• Experience in creating technical documentation and sharing knowledge with others through training delivery and/or mentoring.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have excellent customer handling skills
• Must have sound technical knowledge on different versions of SharePoint (2007/2010/2013/2016 and SharePoint Online)
• Operating Systems Concepts – Active Directory, Security, Performance
• Networking concepts – DNS, protocols, Devices
• IIS Concepts – Configuration, Architecture, SSL and Kerberos
• Windows Architecture – Exception Handling, Memory Management concepts
• .NET basic concepts, Web architecture
• Tools – Netmon, Perfmon , Fiddler
• Basic SQL Server Administration concepts
• Hands on experience on SharePoint On Premise to Online migration
• Working experience on Azure AD. Setting up Azure AD Sync, multi factor authentication, Access Control Service.
• Experience in using various Office 365/SharePoint Online command lets
• Hands on experience in writing complex SharePoint Server Object Model, CSOM scripting (PowerShell/JScript/JQuery) and REST API.
• Solid understanding of various identity providers such as ADFS/PING SSO/Site Minder etc., and configuring using custom claim rules for Office 365.
• Adding vanity domains to Office 365 and managing identities across the tenant.
• External Sharing in SharePoint online, my site management, Search related issues.
• Hands on experience on using OneDrive for Business and troubleshooting sync issues.
• Hands on experience on SharePoint Hybrid (Search/BCS/OneDrive for Business (my sites))
• Configuring Apps for SharePoint and office. Should have knowledge to write a simple app and publish to SharePoint store.
• Understand the social features in SharePoint such as Yammer, newsfeed etc.,
• Prior experience on Azure, InfoPath, SharePoint Designer, Scripting and SharePoint development is added advantage. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.